Download of image data
The fischertechnik GmbH provides you the opportunity to download all pictures shown on this page in a compact ZIP format.
You are only allowed to publish these images if you mark them with the following reference: “Image source: fischertechnik”.
All texts, images, graphics, audio files and other content of this website including their design are protected by copyright.
The TXT 4.0 Controller delivers a wide range of new features with 512 MB RAM of storage space and 4 GB eMMC, three servo outputs and a capacitive touch display that supports gestures. The improved WiFi and Bluetooth module offers a wireless interface that works for many different applications. Another interface is the USB host port, which can be used to connect the fischertechnik USB camera or USB sticks, for example. Up to eight additional controllers can be connected to one controller as extensions. Thanks to the narrow housing, the controller integrates perfectly into the models. Firmware updates are downloaded automatically via the cloud to ensure the models always stay up to date, while retaining custom programs. The ROBO Pro Coding software can be used for graphic programming, as well as Python. It is not dependent on any operating system, and can also be used on mobile devices. Other features of the controller include:
- Processor: Arm® dual Cortex®-A7 650 MHz + Cortex®-M4
- Storage capacity: 512 MB DDR3 RAM, 4 GB eMMC
- Storage extension: Micro SD card slot
- Colour touch display: 2.4“, 320x240 Pixel, capacitive (allows gestures)
- Flat design, dimensions: 90x90x17.5mm
- 8 universal inputs: Digital/analogue 0-9VDC, analogue 0-5 kΩ /
- 4 quick counter inputs: Digital, frequency up to 1 kHz
- 4 motor outputs 9V/250mA (max. 1 A): Infinitely variable speed, short-circuit-proof, alternatively 8 individual outputs, e.g. for LEDs
- 3 5V servo outputs (max. 2A), short circuit resistant
- Combined Bluetooth / WiFi wireless module: Bluetooth 5.0 (BR, LE & EDR), WLAN Dual band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n
- USB 2.0 client: Mini USB port for connection with the PC
- USB Host port: USB-A port, for instance for fischertechnik USB camera or USB sticks
- Camera interface: via USB host, Linux camera drivers integrated in the operating system
- 2x 6-pole connector strip: to expand the inputs and outputs (up to 9 TXT 4.0 Controllers can be connected) and I²C interface
- Integrated speaker for playing sounds (WAV files)
- Linux-based open source operating system, firmware update via the cloud, USB stick or micro SD card
- Programming with ROBO Pro Coding (graphic and Python), C/C++ Compiler (not included)
- Additional programming options via REST interface. Available output voltages 9V, 5V and 3.3V. Power supply: 3.45 mm 9V DC port or fischertechnik 2.5 mm ports (for battery pack). Incl. USB connection cable and 6-pole expansion cable.
fischertechnik Education products include comprehensive, freely accessible teaching materials. These have been developed together with teacher training colleges, teachers and didacticians and are ideally suited to the needs of the classroom. In addition to the topic introduction, lesson plans with task sheets and educational plan references are available.
- The topic introduction provides content that can be optimally used for lesson preparation and integrated into the lessons. Definitions, history, basic knowledge and much more are provided.
- The teaching material includes an overview of the learning objectives as well as the time required for the tasks.
- In line with the curriculum-relevant topics, various tasks are included within which different experiments are dealt with.
- The tasks are divided into a construction task, thematic task and experimentation task. In this way, one progresses from building, to learning technical content, to applying the acquired knowledge.To the teaching material
|Size of packaging||32 x 8 x 46,5||cm|
Documents for Downloading